Region: Mid-Atlantic USA
(MD, DC, VA, DE, NC, SC, Southern NJ, Eastern PA)
This is also open to all areas of the US and International.
Target audience: Architects, specifiers, contractors, installers.
Credit: AIA certified
No fees or materials needed for this webinar.
Expansion Joints – Design, Types & Analysis
DESCRIPTION: A concise overview for a better understanding of expansion joints contributing to a watertight, energy efficient Design, Detail, Specify, Bid, Erect, Manufacture & Install process. All are key elements is successfully sealing expansion gaps in any location within a structure. Applies to both new and retrofit/remedial construction.
- Analyze how watertight, energy efficient, fire-rated expansion joints are the consequence of a process in which we: Design, Detail, Specify, Bid, Erect, Manufacture, & Install in 3-D.
- Learn why it is critical to require certified performance and test reports from national laboratories.
- Investigate how watertight expansion joints can contribute to sound attenuation, fire-rating, reduce energy loads, eliminate high-emitting VOCs, and save in materials and resources
- How to meet Life Safety obligations while practicing good building science.
Presenter: Eric Velander is the Mid-Atlantic Regional Sales Manager for EMSEAL Joint Systems, Ltd. Eric has over 25 years in the Commercial/Residential business in a number of senior leadership roles throughout his career. He works to provide building envelope solutions to building owners, architects, engineers and contractors. EMSEAL is the innovator of watertight and fire-rated expansion joints that are used in all areas of the building envelope, from foundations, through decks, floors, plazas up through interior and exterior walls and roofs. EMSEAL is a Sika company and has been successfully providing watertight sealant solutions for almost 40 years
Interested in a webinar presentation for your company? Request Here
Coming Soon! Fire-Rated Expansion Joints
DESCRIPTION: Each session touches on the many features offered in a successful UL/ULC-certified Fire-Rated expansion joint systems including movement capabilities, thermal and acoustic integrity, aesthetics, traffic durability and more. Discussions revolve around the benefits or shortcomings of different systems available in the market today. These informative webinars are designed for architects, specifiers, contractors, installers, as well as facility management and ownership.
- Theory, Cost & Performance Analysis of Fire-Rated Expansion Joint Solutions
- How UL testing relates to local and national fire codes and approvals
- Explanations as to certified performance and test reports from national laboratories in specifications
- Investigate how fire-rated expansion joints can contribute to sound attenuation, reduce energy loads for heating and cooling, eliminate high-emitting VOC’s, and save in materials and resources through long life-cycle material choices.
- How to meet Life Safety obligations while practicing good building science
- Credits: (1) AIA Learning Unit certified through EMSEAL
Interested in this webinar presentation for your company? Request Here