WEBINAR: Expansion Joints: Design, Types & Analysis
Thurs. June 11, 2020
12:00 noon (EST) REGISTER
Region: Southern USA
(TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, TN )
Target audience: Architects, specifiers, contractors, installers.
Credit: AIA certified
No fees or materials needed for this webinar.
Fire-Rated Expansion Joints are a Crucial Life Safety Component of Structural Design and Construction
DESCRIPTION: Each session touches on the many features offered in a successful UL/ULC-certified Fire-Rated expansion joint systems including movement capabilities, thermal and acoustic integrity, aesthetics, traffic durability and more. Discussions revolve around the benefits or shortcomings of different systems available in the market today. These informative webinars are designed for architects, specifiers, contractors, installers, as well as facility management and ownership.
- Theory, Cost & Performance Analysis of Fire-Rated Expansion Joint Solutions
- How UL testing relates to local and national fire codes and approvals
- Explanations as to certified performance and test reports from national laboratories in specifications
- Investigate how fire-rated expansion joints can contribute to sound attenuation, reduce energy loads for heating and cooling, eliminate high-emitting VOC’s, and save in materials and resources through long life-cycle material choices.
- How to meet Life Safety obligations while practicing good building science
- Credits: (1) AIA Learning Unit certified through EMSEAL
Presenter: David Sorrells is the Southern Regional Sales Manager for EMSEAL Joint Systems, Ltd. David has thirty years of experience in the specification and marketing of construction products and services. His responsibilities have included sales management, specification development, technical support, and quality control. He works closely throughout the Souther US with architects, engineers, contractors, and building management. EMSEAL is the innovator of watertight and fire-rated expansion joints that are used in all areas of the building envelope, from foundations, through decks, floors, plazas up through interior and exterior walls and roofs. EMSEAL is a Sika company and has been successfully providing watertight sealant solutions for almost 40 years.
Interested in a webinar presentation for your company? Request Here