IMPORTANT: The following instructions are a summary.
Refer to "DSF Install Data" and job-specific instructions of an
EMSEAL technician for complete procedures. FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
• Store indoors at room temperature. Expansion is
quicker when warm, slower when cold. Substrate temperature must range
between 40°F (5°C) and 110°F (43°C).
•Precautions: Wear chemical-resistant gloves and/or barrier
hand cream when handling liquid sealant or epoxy. Remove promptly from
skin with a commercial hand cleaner before eating or smoking. Avoid
•Sequencing: Install factory-fabricated
transition and/or termination pieces first. Connect straight run
material to in-place terminations and transitions. Cut closing pieces
3/8-inch (10mm) longer than the opening to be joined. Compress material
longitudinally to fit.
• Ensure nominal material size matches joint size.
• Mix epoxy and trowel a thin layer onto the joint
faces to at least the depth of the DSF foam.
• Remove shrink-wrap packaging and hardboard.
• Wipe silicone facing using clean lint-free rag made
damp with water.
• Insert material into joint to determined depth
below the substrate surface.
• Inject a band of liquid silicone between mating
• Join lengths by pushing silicone-coated ends firmly
• Before the epoxy or the silicone cures, force the nozzle of the
caulking tubes between the foam and the substrate and inject a silicone
sealant band. Tool the overflow sealant into a corner bead between the
top of the silicone bellows and the substrate.
• Clean Up: Remove epoxy or silicone sealant from equipment
before it cures using MEK*, Toluene*, or Xylene*. These solvents are not
effective after the epoxy or silicone has cured. Cured material may be removed
by cutting it away with sharp tools or sandpapering.
*(Solvents mentioned or referred to are toxic and
flammable. Observe solvent manufacturer’s precautions and refer to
Material Safety Data Sheets as well as local and federal requirements
for safe handling and use).
IMPORTANT Allow liquid
attain a complete cure before filling area with liquid (7 days minimum).
• Maintenance: If the silicone bellows or sealant
bands are damaged but remain intact, cut out the damaged area and recaulk.
No primer is required. If the bond has been affected or the foam backing
of the DSF is compromised, remove the damaged area, clean and
prepare the substrates in accordance with instructions and reinstall new