This preformed expanding tape seal features a major breakthrough in sealant technology. EMSEAL UST Sealant Tape is composed of a cellular-modified acrylic adhesive material never before available in a sealant tape infused into a cellular foam base. This creates sealing performance significantly greater than any earlier impregnated product.
In addition, it is odorless, clean handling, UV stable, non-staining, and highly versatile.
• Clean handling, non-staining, odorless, UV-stable
• Resistant to bugs and vermin
• Will not extrude from between joints like caulk or butyl tapes
• Conforms to contours and fills gaps
• Maintains a seal during thermal expansion and contraction
• Does not dry out
• Compatible with and adheres to most wet sealants
• No shrinkage or blow-out due to closed-cell breakage
• User friendly – no masking, mixing, priming, tooling, curing or clean-up required
UST tape compresses without overspill and expands to fill voids.
Available in a wide variety of configurations, users determine the size of MST suited to their specific applications and performance needs.
A Wide Range of Uses:
UST sealant tape can be used to seal out moisture, dust, air, wind-driven snow, between metal surfaces, concrete, plastic, wood and other substrates. UST is ideal as a filler in expansion/compression joints subject to movement from thermal expansion and contraction, and as a gasket in mechanically fastened, non-moving applications.
Water, vapor, air, sound and dust seal Applications requiring high temperature stability.
Ideal as a gasket tightly squeezed between joint faces that are mechanically fastened together such as lap seams.
Filling preformed openings between components and where joint opening size varies due to seasonal temperature changes.
In applications where damping vibration and noise is as important as weather sealing.
Sealing between the UST and the substrates is a result of the foam’s cell structure, the impregnation, and the appropriate degree of compression. EMSEAL UST is packaged precompressed in rolls. The material contains a pressure sensitive mounting-adhesive on one face to facilitate installation.
UST is made of resilient cellular foam infused with a hydrophobic modified-acrylic, liquid adhesive sealant which is then compressed to a sealing density level appropriate to the application. The result is a hybrid sealant featuring the best characteristics of foam and liquid sealants while eliminating their weaknesses. UST replaces and outperforms liquid and butyl tape sealants, closed-cell and unimpregnated open-cell foam closures.
UST is available in a wide variety of configurations. Simply determine the size of UST suited to the specific application and performance needs. Typically, higher compression levels are required for watertightness in standing water or water run-off; lower compression can be used for temperature and sound barriers or other fill-in applications. (see compression chart).
• UST will not adhere to components that are dirty or dust-covered or to surfaces coated with oils or other release agents.
• UST will expand to follow and fill irregular substrates within reason. Sharp corners and acute angles may need to be filled with additional filler pieces of UST in order to ensure a proper seal.
• Substrate must be capable of resisting, without deflection, approximately 1.5 to 2.5 lb/in2 (10 to 17 kPa) back pressure from the UST.
Standard and Custom Sizes
EMSEAL products are available in numerous standard and custom configurations and are available for shipment internationally. The product range is continually being developed. EMSEAL reserves the right to modify or withdraw any product without prior notice.