DSM-FP System is designed to provide a
watertight, trafficable joint system
in smaller 1/2" (12mm) to 4" (100mm)
joint openings, in decks of split-slab
design. DSM-FP expands the use of the
DSM SYSTEM to
deck designs through the use of side flashing sheets that integrate with
the deck waterproofing membrane.
• For new construction and retrofit of old or failed joint systems.
• For restoring watertightness to chronic leaking over occupied spaces.
• Uniquely suited to joint openings between split-slab and solid slab
• Uniquely suited to deck-to-wall and deck-to-column conditions in
• Plaza and podium decks
• Split slab or asphalt-overlay parking decks
• Airport roadways
• Mall bridge connectors
• Stadium concourses, etc.
• The system consists of two subassemblies: 1) The structural-slab mounted
supporting legs with integral waterproofing side sheets; and 2) the joint
sealing silicone-faced foam.
• The mounting leg assembly is delivered with opposing legs
factory-set to the nominal joint size. It is installed onto a wet-setting
bed of epoxy mortar and bolted to the deck.
• The factory-assembled bellows and foam manufactured
at applicable widths and depths
from the factory.
• Epoxy gel adhesive is applied to the faces of the previously
installed mounting leg assembly.
• The DSM SYSTEM precompressed foam sealant is installed into the joint gap where
it self expands into the wet epoxy adhesive.
• Consecutive lengths are joined through the
field-application of manufacturer-supplied, low-modulus, high-movement
silicone to the intersecting bellows surfaces.
• A field-applied silicone sealant band is injected at the
bellows to joint substrate interface to complete the waterproofing.
With the DSM-FP side flashing sheets pulled out of the way, the deck
waterproofing membrane is installed on the deck and brought
over the top of, and up the DSM-FP mounting leg.
The side flashing sheets are lowered into the liquid
membrane (or into the non sag mastic component of a sheet waterproofing
system) and sandwiched with another layer of waterproofing. Drainage
board and/or protection board are added in accordance with the
• Concrete, pavers, asphalt, or other topping slab or
wearing course material is installed up to the stainless steel retaining
caps on the DSM-FP mounting rails with or without a field-applied sealant
control joint depending on the wear-course material (consult EMSEAL).
The material that bridges and
seals between the DSM-FP mounting rails is
DSM SYSTEM which is
comprised of silicone-and-impregnated-foam hybrid components that ensure watertightness, absorb sound, dampen vibration and offer uncomplicated
installation. DSM is the
latest evolution in the field-proven technology that EMSEAL
has used for 30 years of sealing horizontal plane joints with
impregnated foam sealants.